Touchdown Taco Dip
This three-layer dip is baked up hot, then topped with a colorful array of fresh toppings.
- 1 can (16 oz/450 g) refried beans
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 3 green onions with tops
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
- Additional sour cream and tortilla chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) . Spread the beans over the bottom of the Small Baker using a Classic Scraper. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and garlic pressed with the Garlic Press in a Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the beans. Bake for 15–18 minutes or until hot. Remove the baker from the oven to a Stackable Cooling Rack; top with the cheddar cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 2–3 minutes or until the cheddar cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, slice the tomato in half lengthwise using the Forged 5" (13-cm) Santoku Knife; scrape out the seeds using the Core & More. Dice the tomato and thinly slice the onions. Snip the cilantro using the Professional Shears. Sprinkle the olives, tomato, onions, and cilantro over the dip. Garnish with additional sour cream and serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- 16 servings of 1/4 cup dip, excluding optional ingredients
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 0 g
Southwestern Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the taco seasoning mix, if desired.