Baked Brie Sunflower
There’s no easier (or sunnier!) app than this brie baked in puff pastry and topped with sweet jam. Everyone will ask for this elegant dish!
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) oil for brushing
- 1 wheel (8 oz./250 g) brie cheese
- 2 pkgs (13.2 oz. or 397 g each) refrigerated puff pastry sheets
- ¼ cup (60 mL) prepared mixed berry jam
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 1 pkg (0.75 oz./21 g) fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and brush the Large Round Stone with oil.
Trim the rind off the top of the brie.
- Unroll one sheet of puff pastry onto the stone. Place the brie in the center of the sheet. Spoon the jam on top of the brie.
- Brush the dough with melted butter. Unroll the second sheet of puff pastry and place it on top, turning the sheet so the long and short sides are alternating.
- Press the sheets of dough together and gently push out any air around the brie. Poke holes with a fork or knife in the top of the crust covering the brie to vent.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, trim the edges of the pastry around the stone to create a circle. Use the scraps to make extra twists and place them on a baking sheet.
Cut the circle of dough into 16 strips, starting at the edges and leaving ½" (1 cm) around the brie. Twist each strip.
- Place a sprig of rosemary on each twist (or every other twist) and one in the center. Brush all of the dough with butter.
- Bake the extra twists for 16–18 minutes, and the brie for 20–22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To serve, cut the top off the center of the pastry and tear the twists off to dip into the cheese.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 480, Total Fat 32 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 520 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 8 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 7 g
Use your favorite fruit jellies, jams, or preserves. Strawberry, fig, and apple butter work great!
You can make this recipe a day before. Prepare as directed up to step 8, then refrigerate the dough. Let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes and bake as directed.