Sorry! The page you're looking for isn't here.
It may have been moved, deleted or we’re working to make it even better. (The page might not even exist!)
Try our home page for a new direction.
Here’s a recipe to make it up to you!
Grilled Mediterranean Pizza
- 3 large plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 6 oz (175 g) cooked Italian-style chicken sausage
- 8 oz (250 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 cups/500 mL grated)
- Cornmeal or flour for dusting (see Cook’s Tips)
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- Using Santoku Knife, cut tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove seeds with Scoop Loop™. Dice tomatoes. Coarsely chop olives with Food Chopper
- Place tomatoes, olives, vinegar, ½ tsp (7 mL) oil, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, sugar, salt and pepper in Small Batter Bowl. In (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl, snip basil with Professional Shears. Add to batter bowl; mix gently with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®
- Heat Double Burner Grill over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes. Cut chicken sausage into bite-sized pieces. Cook sausage 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage to batter bowl; set aside. Meanwhile, using Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater
- Using Flour/Sugar Shaker, generously sprinkle cornmeal over clean Large Grooved Cutting Board. Unroll pizza crust over cornmeal. Roll crust into 16x8-in. (40.5x20-cm) rectangle with Baker’s Roller®. Lightly brush top of crust with remaining oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Sprinkle with additional cornmeal.
- While leaving crust on cutting board, fold crust in half from short end. Gently lift and place in one half of pan; carefully unfold and stretch to fit bottom of pan. Cook 3-5 minutes or until dark grill marks appear (see Cook’s Tips). Using Chef’s Tongs, turn crust over; sprinkle with cheese. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Using Chef’s Tongs and Nylon Turner, slide crust out and transfer to cutting board. Mix sausage and tomato mixture; spread mixture over crust. Using Pizza Cutter, cut into 8 rectangle pieces. Cut each piece into a triangle.
Yield: 8 servings of 2 pieces
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
©2014 The Pampered Chef used under license.