Use & Care
- Grip guide (only on Chef’s Knife)
*Subtle color variations may occur due to the material and the handcrafting process.
- Wash before using for the first time: hand wash only.
- Wash, rinse, and towel-dry knives immediately after each use.
- Hone your non-serrated blades before each use to make sure the blade is properly aligned.
- If you feel resistance as you’re cutting, your blade’s edge may be dull. Non-serrated knives should be sharpened once every one to two years to maintain their sharpness.
- Only use them on knife-safe surfaces like wood or plastic cutting boards. Hard surfaces like glass, marble, or metal will prematurely dull your knives.
- Hold the knife with your dominant hand:
- For the Chef’s Knife: Use a pinch grip. Place your thumb and index finger on the grip guides. Your remaining three fingers should loosely curl around the knife’s handle. Avoid extending your index finger onto the spine.
- For all other knives: Grip the handle in your working hand. Your thumb should rest on the side of the handle, and your fingers should curl around the handle.
- Use your non-dominant hand as a guide:
- Curl your fingertips back and place them on the food you’re cutting. Your nails and fingertips should be behind your first knuckle. The knife blade should be parallel to the middle section of your fingers, and your thumb should be behind your fingers.
- To use:
- Chopping, slicing, and dicing: Keeping the point of the blade on the cutting board, move the knife upward and downward in a rocking motion using smooth, even strokes.
- Mincing: Start with the tip of the knife on the cutting board. Place your non-dominant hand on the spine of the blade to stabilize the knife. Lift the handle and pivot the knife upward and downward in a rocking motion.
- For serrated knives: Slice through foods with a gentle sawing motion, keeping your fingers away from the blade.
- Lifetime guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt or website for details. The guarantee is limited and covers defects in materials and workmanship. The guarantee excludes damage by abuse or misuse (such as lack of or improper cleaning, overheating, dishwasher cleaning, use of caustic or other unapproved cleaners or use of nonstick sprays), ordinary wear and tear, or act of God. Product returned is subject to inspection for proper use and care.
Made in ChinaGuarantee