Use & Care
- Failure to follow instructions and warnings could result in serious injury and/or property damage.
- Use caution when transferring hot liquids into the pitcher.
- The glass will be hot when filled with hot liquids. Always use silicone gloves or a hot pad when handling a hot pitcher to avoid burns.
- Place an oven pad or trivet under the pitcher to protect surfaces.
- If filled with hot liquids, do not place on wet or cold surfaces.
- The pitcher is not microwave-, stovetop-, or freezer-safe.
- Do not use the pitcher if it is chipped or cracked.
- Always handle with care and avoid impact.
C. Plastic Infuser
D. Metal Infuser
- Wash before using for the first time; all pieces are dishwasher-safe.
- Before cleaning, remove the funnel and infuser from the pitcher. Separate the funnel and infuser by twisting counterclockwise and pulling the pieces apart.
- Remove the sleeve by pushing the buttons through the holes.
- To remove discoloration from the funnel and infusers, soak them in hot vinegar for 20–30 minutes, then wash in hot, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly.
USE AND CARE
- Wrap the sleeve around the pitcher with the ridges on the outside and the arrow pointing up. Make sure the buttonholes are not overstretched; it could cause the sleeve to tear.
- To place an infuser on the funnel: Align the dots with the indents on the funnel. Twist clockwise to secure.
- For cold drinks, it’s best to use syrup instead of granulated sugar. It dissolves much more quickly.
For Cold-Brew Coffee:
- Place the metal infuser on the funnel, and place it inside the pitcher.
- Add about 1 cup (80 g) of coarsely ground coffee to the infuser to make a full pitcher.
- Slowly pour 40 fl. oz. (1.2 L) of cold water over the coffee.
- Place the lid on the pitcher, and let it brew on the counter or in the refrigerator for 18–24 hours.
- To serve, remove the lid and infuser. Put the lid back on the pitcher and serve as desired.
- Some oil and sediment is natural and will vary depending on the coarseness of your grounds.
- To remove oil and sediment, place a regular paper coffee filter in a sieve over a large bowl or container. Slowly pour the brewed coffee over the filter before serving.
For Hot Tea:
- Place the plastic infuser on the funnel, and place it inside the pitcher.
- Add 4 tsp (20 mL) of loose tea, or 4 tea bags, to the infuser to make a full pitcher.
- If you’re using tea bags, cut off the paper tab at the end of the string before placing them in the infuser.
- Slowly pour hot water over the tea to the fill line on the infuser.
- Note: When using the pitcher with hot water, always use an oven mitt or pad, and protect surfaces with a trivet.
- Place the lid on the pitcher and let the tea steep. Times will vary depending on the type of tea.
- To serve, carefully remove the lid and infuser. Put the lid back on the pitcher and serve as desired.
For Iced Tea:
- Prepare hot tea as directed above. Remove the lid and infuser. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of ice to the pitcher, replace the lid, and store in the refrigerator overnight.
For Infused Water:
- Fill the plastic infuser with sliced fruits, vegetables, and/or herbs of your choice. Pour cold water, iced tea, or lemonade over the top, and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Limited guarantee. Refer to website or sales receipt for details.
Made in ChinaGuarantee