Use & Care
- Adult supervision required.
- Let the vessel rest in the microwave for 1 minute before removing it. Steam will be in the vessel and the vessel will be hot so proceed with caution when removing the vessel from the microwave. Carefully open the lid away from your face and body.
- The intended use of this product is solely for preparing eggs in the manners listed below. Do not use this product to prepare hard-boiled eggs.
- Wash before using for the first time; dishwasher-safe.
- Using metal utensils on the base and lid may cause marring. To remove marring, use a non-bleach, all-purpose liquid or powdered cleanser that is safe for glazed surfaces in the kitchen. Follow the cleanser’s directions for use. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Aerosol nonstick spray is not recommended. It will create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean.
- To deep clean the silicone inserts:
- To remove stubborn food odors, use a baking soda paste. Mix ½ cup (125 mL) baking soda with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water. Apply paste to cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and towel dry immediately.
- Silicone can discolor from foods such as tomato-based sauces or turmeric-based foods. To minimize discoloration, soak in a solution of bleach and water (refer to bleach bottle label for details).
USE AND CARE
- Heat-resistant to 450°F (230°C).
- What foods to use:
- Eggs: Use with whole eggs, egg whites, or egg substitute products.
- Meat: Only use fully thawed, precooked meats.
- Bread: English muffins are recommended. You can also use street-taco size tortillas, 6–7" tortillas (folded in ¼), mini bagels, or frozen pancakes. This will alter cook times; adjust as needed.
- Frozen items need to be thawed before placing in the Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
- The silicone inserts may rise slightly as steam accumulates or as the eggs cook. This is normal and will not affect cooking.
- When using the deep insert, it’s recommended that you use only 1–2 eggs in the base, as cooking more eggs may cause the deep insert to rise too much during cooking.
MICROWAVE EGG COOKING GUIDE
- For best results, follow the directions provided.
- This guide is based on timing with large eggs in a 1,200-watt microwave. Less time may be needed for small or medium eggs, and more time may be needed for extra-large or jumbo-sized eggs.
- Microwaves can vary. Adjust cook times to work with your microwave.
- Because of variations in microwaves, the bottom of the eggs can remain uncooked. To prevent this from happening, stir the eggs as needed between cooking intervals.
BASIC BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- This recipe works best with thawed, precooked meats and breads.
- Grease the base with oil or butter.
- Prepare your eggs.
- Scrambled: Crack 1–2 eggs into the base and stir with a fork or whisk. Make sure the yolk is broken.
- Poached: Crack 1 egg into the base. Pierce the yolk with a fork. Pour ¾ cup (175 mL) of water into the base so that the entire egg is submerged.
- Over-Medium: Crack 1 egg into the base. Pierce the yolk with a fork.
- Place the deep insert into the base. Add 1 slice of Canadian-style bacon OR 1 thawed, precooked sausage patty. Cover with the lid.
- Cook according to the chart below:
|Scrambled (1 large egg)||30 seconds||If your eggs aren't cooked, add 10-second intervals, gently stirring after each interval, until your eggs are mostly cooked. They will finish cooking with the English muffin.|
|Scrambled (2 large eggs)||1 minute|
|Poached (1 large egg)|
Note: Only make one poached egg at a time.
|Over-medium (1 large egg)|
Note: Only make one over-medium egg at a time.
- Remove the lid from the base and add the shallow insert. Place your English muffin into the insert and replace the lid. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Let the Breakfast Sandwich Maker rest in the microwave for 1 minute before removing. Remove the Breakfast Sandwich Maker from the microwave using oven mitts or hot pads.
- Remove the lid. When removing the lid, always lift it away from you and do not look over the vessel. Assemble your sandwich.
- Always use oven mitts or hot pads to remove the Breakfast Sandwich Maker from the microwave.
- Always wait 1 minute before removing the vessel from the microwave and remove the lid away from your face and body. Do not look over the vessel when removing the lid.
- Use caution when removing the lid, as it can become hot and may cause burns.
- The vessel continues to heat upon standing.
- Protect surfaces with a trivet before setting the Breakfast Sandwich Maker down.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes.
- Do not use if chipped or damaged. Vessel can break if bumped or dropped. If this occurs, use caution as broken pieces can be sharp and could cause injury.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt or website for details.
Made in ChinaGuarantee