Use & Care
Safety InstructionsComponents (Illustration 1): Food Holder and SliderA
- Food HolderC
- Slider TrackBoard (Illustration 2)E
- Button (adjusts thickness)G
- Bowl NotchH
- Board TrackI
- Nonskid feet
- Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe on top rack.
- To remove Food Holder and Slider, unlock blade by moving button to desired thickness and slide Food Holder and Slider off Board. Use caution as blade is now exposed and in slicing position. Each number corresponds to the following thickness:
1 - Produces a shaved slice which is approximately 1/16" (1-2 mm) thick. Perfect for thinly slicing potatoes, fennel or radishes.
2 - Medium setting which produces approximately 1/8" (3-mm) thick slices which are perfect for potatoes, onions and zucchini.
3 - Thick setting which produces a 3/16" (5.6-mm) slice. Perfect for thick slices of tomatoes, lemons and cucumbers.
- Align tracks on Slider with Board track; push towards handle (See Illustration 3). See "Tips and Techniques" section below for additional tips on prepping food for holder.
- To begin slicing, lift Food Holder from Slider and push food into prongs. Insert Food Holder into Slider to begin. Always use Food Holder and Slider together when slicing.
- Choose desired "use" position — either held by handle, resting nonskid feet on flat surface at an angle or over a bowl, aligning grooves with top of bowl.
- Applying steady pressure to knob, move Slider in a continuous downward and upward motion over blade. Repeat until desired quantity of slices are cut or food is gone. As you reach end portion of food, a very small amount may not be sliced; discard.
Cleaning and Storage After Use
- Remove Food Holder and Slider. Any remaining food can be removed from blade with a kitchen brush. Never hand wash blade with a sponge or dishcloth. Never towel dry.
- Disassemble Food Holder by lifting out of Slider. Holding Food Holder upside down so knob falls downward, position thumb on center of plate. With other hand, unscrew knob. Plate, holder and knob will separate (see Illustration 4).
- To reassemble Food Holder, turn upside down, aligning holes on plate with prongs. Stem will feed through holder opening. Carefully push against plate with thumb. Using other hand, turn knob to tighten. Insert Food Holder into Slider.
- To store, place Slider on track to cover blade. Slide button to "locked" position.
Tips and Techniques
- For best slicing results, foods should be firm.
- For round fruits or vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes or beets, use a knife to cut off a small portion to create a flat end. For larger foods, cut in half and slice cut-side down.
- Slice two to three small vegetables, such as radishes, at a time by inserting onto prongs, space food for best fit.
- Cut long foods, such as zucchini and cucumbers, into 2½" (6-cm) lengths before placing vertically in Food Holder.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in China