- 4 oz (125 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- ¼ cup (50 mL) uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- ½ oz (15 g) pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup (50 mL) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (50 mL) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil leaves
*Use the Paring Knife to cut the tops off of the bell peppers. Remove the seeds and veins. Slice the tops of the peppers into small pieces to get ½ cup (125 mL).
*Cut the pepperoni slices into quarters.
*Carefully remove the baker from the microwave. Add the cheese, pepperoni, and bell pepper pieces, and stir to combine.
Spoon the turkey mixture into the bell peppers. Add water to the bottom of the baker, then place the bell peppers into the baker.
*Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7–8 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the mixture is 165°F (74°C) and the peppers are tender when pierced with a fork.
*Carefully remove the baker from the microwave (it will be very hot!).
Remove the peppers and top them with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil before serving.
- 2–4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (2 servings): Calories 340, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 24 g
*Adult supervision required