These stuffed peppers are quick, delicious, and colorful. The perfect solution for when you can't decide which comfort food you're craving.
- 4 oz. (125 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- ¼ cup (60 mL) uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Everything but the Pizza Rub
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- ½ oz. (15 g) pepperoni slices
- 1 oz. (30 g) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (¼ cup/60 mL)
- 1 oz. (30 g) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (¼ cup/60 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- Optional: Grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil
Combine the turkey, pizza sauce, rice, and rub in the Mini Deep Covered Baker. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
Cut the tops off the bell peppers. Remove the seeds and veins. Slice the tops of the peppers into small pieces to measure ½ cup (125 mL).
Cut the pepperoni slices into quarters.
Remove the baker from the microwave. Add the cheese, pepperoni, and bell pepper pieces, and stir to combine.
Spoon the turkey mixture into the bell peppers. Add water to the bottom of the baker, then place the bell peppers into the baker.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7–8 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the mixture is 165°F (74°C) and the peppers are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the baker from the microwave.
Remove the peppers and top them with the Parmesan and basil, if you’d like.
- 2–4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (2 servings): Calories 340, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 24 g