Creamy Chicken and Asparagus
For Sunday-dinner vibes in less than 30 minutes, this rich, brothy meal starts on the stovetop and finishes cooking in the microwave.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL), plus 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 oz./250 g each)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- ½ tsp plus ¼tsp (3mL) salt, divided
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 8 oz. (250 g) reduced–fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 8 oz. (250 g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" (2.5-cm) pieces
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Optional: Rice for serving
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in the Rockcrok® Everyday Pan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season the chicken with the paprika and ½ tsp (2 mL) of the salt.
Cook the chicken until lightly browned, 2–3 minutes per side; set aside (the chicken will not be fully cooked).
Meanwhile, finely chop the shallot and garlic in the Manual Food Processor. Add the shallot, garlic, and remaining oil to the pan and cook until the shallot and garlic are translucent, 1–2 minutes.
Add the broth, cream cheese, and remaining salt. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously to melt the cheese; remove from the heat.
Nestle the chicken into the sauce. Top with the asparagus and lemon slices.
- Microwave, covered, until the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C), 8–10 minutes. Stir the sauce to combine the mixture before serving. Serve over rice, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Sodium 600 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 57 g
In grocery stores, each bunch of asparagus is usually about 1 lb. (450 g). If you don’t have a scale, just use half of a bunch.