Frozen Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour, plus additional as needed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- Filling: Thawed frozen whipped topping or your favorite ice cream, softened Colored sugars, sprinkles, nonpareils, or candies for decorating (optional)
* Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Add the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the Mixing Bowl. Stir with the Funny Face Kitchen Scraper until well blended. Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until a dough forms. You may need to use your hands!
Move the dough to a well-floured surface. Roll the dough out until it’s ¼” (6 mm) thick (see cook’s tips).
Emoji Cookie Cutters into flour and cut out as many cookies as you can. Use the Mini Nylon Turner to move the cookies onto a cookie sheet. Collect the dough scraps and repeat.
* Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven to a cooling rack and cool for 3 minutes. Use the Nylon Turner to move the cookies to a cooling rack.
When the cookies are fully cooled, assemble the cookie sandwiches: Scoop ¼ cup (50 mL) of filling onto the flat side of 1 cookie. Gently press the remaining cookie on top to seal. Roll the edges in sprinkles, if desired.
Freeze for at least 3 hours or until firm, then enjoy!
- 8 servings of 1 sandwich cookie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 230, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 9g, Protein 2 g
Make sure your dough is rolled out right. Use the middle ridge on the side of the cookie cutters as a guide!
Having a party? You can double this recipe to make 12–16 cookies!
*Ask for an adult’s help