Microwave Peanut Butter Caramel Brownies
- Canola oil for greasing pan
- 1 pouch (10.25 oz) fudge brownie mix (or 2 cups/500 mL plus 2 tbsp/30 mL from 18-oz or 450 g pkg)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 egg
- 10 fun-size (0.6 oz/17 g each) chocolate-covered peanut caramel nougat candy bars (Snickers®)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
- Brush the bottom of the Small Rectangular Baker with oil using the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
- In a medium Glass Mixing Bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil, and egg with the Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Mix well.
- Arrange the candy bars in the baker (in two rows of five). Pour batter over candy bars and spread evenly.
- Place the peanut butter in the 1-cup (250 mL) Silicone Prep Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 15-20 seconds or until slightly softened.
- Using a 1 tbsp (15 mL) Measuring Spoon, place 4 scant spoonfuls of peanut butter onto the batter. Using the handle of another Measuring Spoon, swirl the peanut butter into the batter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes, or until the edges are firm and a wooden pick inserted in the brownie comes out almost clean.
- Carefully remove the baker from the microwave. Let stand 10 minutes, then cut into 10 brownies.
- 10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 270, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 22 g, Protein 5 g
Twelve miniature (0.3 oz/9 g each) chocolate-covered peanut nugget caramel nougat bars (Snickers®) can be substituted for the fun-size bars.
To make the brownies nut-free, substitute the Snickers® for 2 packages of Rolos® (each package is net wt. 1.7 oz / 48 g) and soynut butter for the peanut butter. Follow all other directions.