Lemon Blueberry Cake
Blueberries and lemons are a classic flavor combination, but a cake that's ready to serve in just 20 minutes from start to finish is definitely a new twist on the old favorite.
- 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (175 mL) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) poppy seeds
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz. or 432 g) yellow cake mix
- Oil for brushing
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh blueberries, plus additional for serving
- Blueberry Glaze
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups (500 mL) powdered sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) blueberry jam
Juice the lemons into a medium bowl. Add the eggs, oil, sour cream, poppy seeds, and cake mix and whisk until well combined.
Brush the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven with oil. Pour the batter into the pot and top with the blueberries. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 9–10 minutes. Carefully remove the lid and let the cake stand for 10 minutes.
- For the glaze, juice the remaining lemon into a medium bowl. Add the powdered sugar and jam, and stir to combine.
Serve the glaze over slices of cake and garnish slices with remaining fresh blueberries, if desired.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 42 g (includes 20 g added sugars), Protein 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
If you want more lemon flavor, add 1 tsp (5 mL) of lemon zest to the cake batter.