Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Oil for brushing pan
- 3 cups (750 mL) flour
- ¼ cup (50 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red gel food coloring
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white vinegar
- Optional Topping: Easy Cake Glazes
Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Combine the butter, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until it’s smooth and light and in color.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the Greek yogurt, milk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar, and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add the flour mixture and beat until the ingredients are just combined and there are no lumps.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Lightly tap the pan on the counter to even out the batter. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until the Cake Tester & Releaser inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes before releasing. Carefully invert the pan onto a cooling rack. Let it cool completely before glazing.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per Serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 40 g, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 13 g, Protein 3 g