Shortbread Sugar Cookies
These sweet and buttery cookies are the perfect canvas for creativity. Make a batch, then decorate them for any holiday with frosting and candy!
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, salt, and extracts, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and mix until just combined.
- Roll the cookie dough out on a lightly floured surface until it’s ¼" (6 mm) thick. Use the Stainless Steel Holiday Cookie Cutter Set to cut as many cookies as you can. Re-roll the remaining dough and repeat
- Move the cookies onto the cookie sheets and bake for 6–8 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes before moving.
- Remove the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 18-22 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 30 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 6g added sugars), Protein 2 g