Easy Fudge Brownies
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Small Bar Pan with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Combine sugar, melted butter, egg and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well.
Combine flour, cocoa powder and salt in small bowl. Add to batter bowl; whisk until smooth. Stir 1/4 cup (50 mL) each of the chocolate morsels and walnuts into batter. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until brownie is set in center. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
Immediately sprinkle remaining chocolate morsels over hot brownie. Let chocolate stand until softened; spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cool before cutting.
- 12 servings of 1 brownie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 200, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 55 mg, Fiber less than 1 g