Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake
Ready in under an hour, this skillet cake is perfect for all kinds of celebrations. Topped with a warm cherry sauce, you’ll get a burst of cherry in every bite.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz./432 g) chocolate cake mix, plus the ingredients to make the cake
- 1 pkg (12 oz./350 g) frozen, pitted cherries, divided (set half aside for the sauce)
- First Stage
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 1 pkg (12 oz./350 g) frozen, pitted cherries
- Second Stage
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Remaining cherries from cake batter
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Melt the butter in a 12" (30-cm) Stainless Steel Nonstick Skillet for 2–3 minutes over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with the butter and remove from the heat.
Follow the instructions on the cake mix package to make the batter in a mixing bowl. Add half the package of cherries to the batter, mix, and pour it into the skillet. Bake for 30–35 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the ingredients for the first stage of the sauce to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the JAM setting; press the wheel to start.
When prompted to “Add”, remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the ingredients for the second stage. Replace the cap and press the wheel to start.*
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the cap and carefully add the add-in; press PULSE for 3 seconds. To serve, carefully invert the cake onto a large platter and pour the cherry sauce over the cake.**
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 slice): Calories 350, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 32 g, Protein 5 g
* The pitcher will be hot during and after cooking. Do not touch the hot glass.
** Use the pitcher handle and helper handle to tilt and lift the pitcher up from the base. Remove the lid away from your body and use the pitcher handle to pour the food.
Recipes that call for dairy or high-sugar foods may experience scorching. Use the Dual-Sided Cleaning Brush to scrub any residue on the bottom of the pitcher. Refer to the use and care manual for deep cleaning instructions.