Chocolate-Raspberry Macadamia Tart
Intense bittersweet chocolate is complemented with luscious raspberry flavor in a chocolate- and macadamia-studded crust.
- ½ cup (125 mL) toasted macadamia nuts
- ½ 9 oz pkg (5.5 oz/137.5 g) pie crust mix
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 oz (60 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) cold water
- 3 ½ cups (875 mL) fresh raspberries, divided
- 6 oz (175 g) bittersweet chocolate for baking, chopped
- 1 cup (125 mL) heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) powdered sugar
- Optional garnish: Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). For the crust, place macadamia nuts in electric food processor; cover and pulse until very finely chopped. In a medium bowl, combine nuts, pie crust mix, brown sugar and chocolate. Stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the water; mix until completely moistened, adding additional water if necessary. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and up sides of the Tart Pan with Lid. Bake 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove it from the oven, carefully press sides of the crust up the sides of the pan with the bottom of a glass, let cool completely.
- For filling, place 1 cup (250 mL) of the raspberries in a clean food processor; cover and process until puréed. Using a Stainless Steel Mesh Colander, strain puréed raspberries into a medium bowl, pressing down with a scraper to extract pulp; discard seeds.
- Combine chocolate and cream in small microwave-safe bowl, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-1 ½ minutes or until melted, whisking every 30 seconds. Stir in raspberry purée and salt; pour into crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until filling starts to set. Top with the remaining 2 ½ cups (625 mL) raspberries. Refrigerate an additional 2 hours or until filling is firm. Just before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar over raspberries.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 390, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 25 g, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g
To toast macadamia nuts, place in 1-qt. Micro-Cooker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 ½-2 ½ minutes or until toasted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool completely before processing.
For best results when processing the macadamia nuts, use an electric food processor. It's important to pulse the food processor for greatest control.