Apple-Cranberry Dump Cake
Nothing says holidays quite like apples and cranberries. And when time is short, this no-mix dump cake makes it easy to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Butter for greasing
- 2 cans (21 oz./540 mL each) apple pie filling
- 1 can (14 oz./348 mL) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 box (15.25 oz./432 g) spice cake mix
- ¾ cup (175 mL) butter (1½ sticks), thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts or almonds
- Optional Topping: Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease the bottom of the Stone Rectangular Baker with butter.
- Pour the pie filling over the bottom of the baker. Top with dollops of the cranberry sauce and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the filling, then add the sliced butter over the top.
- Top with the nuts. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until the cake is bubbly on the edges and browned on the top.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if you’d like.
- 8-10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 84 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 51 g (includes 19 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
You can make a “dump” cake with any cake mix, pie filling, and nut you have in your pantry. Mix and match—trust us, it’ll be delicious!
You can make this recipe in the microwave with the Rockcrok® Everyday Pan or Dutch Oven. Reduce to 1 can of apple pie filling and 1 stick of butter. Fill the pan according to the directions and microwave, covered, for 13–15 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.