Black Forest Brownie Dessert
- 1 jar (10 oz) maraschino cherries (about 30 cherries), drained
- 1 pkg (18-21 oz or 450 g) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 12 cherry cordial candies
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC). Spray cups of Brownie Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Finely chop cherries. Combine brownie mix, eggs, water, oil and almond extract; mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Fold in chopped cherries; divide batter evenly among wells of pan.
Bake 22-24 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers of brownies comes out clean. Remove pan from oven. Carefully invert pan onto cooling rack; remove pan. Turn brownies over. Immediately snip a 1/2-inch-deep (1-cm) “x” into top of each brownie using Professional Shears. Press one cordial candy into each brownie until flush with top of brownie. Let stand 5 minutes.
Top brownies evenly with whipped topping; garnish with grated chocolate. Serve warm.
- 12 servings of 1 brownie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 430, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g