- 2 packages (18.25 oz/510 g each) cake mix, any flavor (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 4 cups (1 L) prepared frosting
- Doll pick cake decoration, 7 in. (18 cm)*
- Ribbon, lace, tulle, straight pins and craft flowers
- *Doll picks (the top half of a doll on a stick) can be purchased at craft stores or stores that carry cake decorating supplies.
For cake, preheat oven to 325°F (180°C). Grease and flour Classic Batter Bowl. Prepare one cake mix according to package directions. Pour into batter bowl. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes. Loosen cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack. Cool 3 hours. Repeat with remaining cake mix to make a second cake.
To assemble cake, trim off rounded bottoms of cakes to level. Slice off 2 inches (5 cm) from large end of one cake and arrange on serving platter to serve as bottom of doll’s skirt. (Wrap and freeze unused top portion of first cake for later use.)
Frost sides and top of cake on platter; top with second cake. Frost second cake. Wrap top of doll with ribbon or lace; secure in back with pins. Insert doll into cake. Decorate skirt as desired. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve. To serve, remove doll and cut into slices with serrated knife.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 640, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 90 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g