Shortbread Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- Writing icing or decorating gel (optional)
* Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Add the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the Mixing Bowl. Stir with the Funny Face Kitchen Scraper until well blended. Stir in the flour and mix until a dough forms. You may need to use your hands!
Move the dough to a well-floured surface. Roll dough out until it’s ¼” (6 mm) thick (see cook’s tips).
* Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are a light golden brown. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven to a cooling rack and cool for 2. Use the turner to move the cookies to a cooling rack.
When the cookies are fully cooled, decorate with icing or gel.
- 6-8 servings of 1 cookie
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 190, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 2 g
Make sure your dough is rolled out right. Use the middle ridge on the side of the cookie cutters as a guide!
Having a party? You can double this recipe to make 12–16 cookies!