Monkey Bread Muffins
Sweet cinnamon and sugar mini pull-apart breads are a perfect and quick dessert.
- Monkey Bread
- ½ can biscuit dough (about 8 oz./340 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 oz. (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) milk
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- Optional: Chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Tear or cut the dough into 30 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball on a Silicone Mat and place in a medium bowl.
- Microwave the butter in a small bowl until it’s melted, about 30 seconds. Pour the butter over the dough and gently toss with your hands to coat evenly. (Work quickly, so the butter doesn’t harden!)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in the Mixing Bowl. Roll each ball in the mixture. Place 5 balls in each well of the Silicone Cupcake Pan and gently push them down.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 16–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the frosting ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the round tip to the Mini Decorator Bottle, then use the Silicone Scraper to transfer the frosting to the bottle.
- When done, remove the pan from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over each muffin in a spiral pattern, starting at the edges and moving to the center. Top with nuts, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 31 g (includes 31 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
Use the other half of the dough to make pizza monkey bread! To learn how, visit our website.
To substitute a simple glaze for the frosting, mix 1 cup (250 mL) of powdered sugar with 1½ tbsp (22 mL) of milk and drizzle over the warm muffins.