Use and Care Instructions
To use Veggie Wedger:
- Wash prior to first use; base and Veggie Wedger are dishwasher-safe.
- Position base on a flat, stable work surface with raised side walls facing you (see illustration #1).
- Remove blade from base by carefully lifting at handles.
- Position vegetable or fruit into center of base. Always use base to hold food while wedging.
- Place point of blade over center of vegetable or fruit, align with handles perpendicular to raised side walls on base (see illustration #1).
- Grasp handles, keeping fingers away from the underside of the blade. Push down on handles to start cutting through, using a slight rocking motion if needed. Continue to push down to wedge, making sure blades align with open spaces between base wedges.
- To remove wedges, grasp vegetable or fruit at top and pull up to release (see illustration #2). Keep fingers and thumbs away from blade on underside of Veggie Wedger. Never push food through underside of blades using thumb or fingers (see illustration #3).
- Once food is removed, lift handles to remove blade from base.
- To replace blade; place base on flat surface. Align blade with handles perpendicular to raised side walls on base, lower blades into base to store.
- Veggie Wedger is also great for zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber, baby eggplant, canned beets, and whole pickles.
- Prep vegetables as needed prior to wedging.
- Taller vegetables, such as zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber and large potatoes, should be cut in half crosswise before wedging.
- For onions, peel skin and trim both ends for best results.
- Core tomatoes and strawberries prior to wedging.
- Large tomatoes can also be cut into 12 wedges. After cutting into 6 wedges, remove whole wedged tomato, lift blade from base, rotate tomato 1/4 turn on base and wedge again.
- Essential oils from citrus peel may leave a white residue on base. To remove residue, use a baking soda paste. Mix ½ cup (125 mL) baking soda with 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water. Apply paste to base and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and towel dry immediately.
- Not intended for use with pitted fruits, such as peaches or avocados.
- One-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
Made in Taiwan