Medium Rectangular BakerItem Number 1377
Smaller servings of lasagna, or even four chicken breasts with rice or vegetables fit perfectly in this baker.
Medium Rectangular Baker
Smaller servings of lasagna, chicken and vegetables fit perfectly in the Medium Rectangular Baker. Family favorites that are normally made in 8” or 9” pans can also be made in this versatile stoneware baker. The built-in handles make it easy to remove the stone from the oven without touching your food.
- 7” x 11”.
- 8 cups.
- Equivalent to 8” or 9” square bakers.
- Handles are molded into the edge of the baker for easy lifting.
- Unglazed interior, cranberry-glazed exterior.
- No preheating—just place food on Stoneware and cook.
- Amazing heat retention.
- Moisture is drawn away from food for light and crispy results.
- Won’t retain oils, odors or flavors.
- Nonstick “seasoning” builds up with every use: the darker it looks, the better it cooks!
- Microwave-, freezer- and conventional and convection oven-safe.
- Pan scraper included for easy cleanup.
- Made in the USA.
- Hand wash.
Use & Care
- Hand wash only; wash prior to first use. Remove excess food with scraper. It is not recommended to use soap, detergent or an automatic dishwasher. Not dishwasher-safe.
- Stoneware will naturally season and develop a natural nonstick surface over time with use.
- Slight sticking may occur for the first several uses. For best results, bake high-fat foods (e.g., refrigerated biscuits) or lightly brush with cooking oil for the first several uses. Aerosol nonstick spray is not recommended; it will create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean.
- As needed for deep cleaning, a baking soda paste can be used to clean the interior or exterior surfaces. Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing ½ cup/125 ml of baking soda with 3 tbsp/45 ml water. Apply to desired areas and let stand for 15 – 20 minutes. Wipe off excess paste with nonabrasive sponge or cloth, rinse thoroughly and towel dry.
- Stoneware can be used in conventional, convection and microwave ovens, and is freezer-safe. Stoneware is heat-resistant to 450°F (230°C). Do not use Stoneware under broiler or on direct heat source. Follow oven manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Three-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.
- Prevent breakage from thermal shock by avoiding extreme temperature changes.
- Do not preheat stone.
- At least two-thirds of Stoneware surface should be covered with food to avoid thermal shock. Always evenly distribute food over Stoneware surface; avoid clustering foods.
- Do not place dense, frozen food items (chicken breasts, pot pies, roasts or chops) on Stoneware. Always thaw dense, frozen food in refrigerator prior to baking.
- Foods refrigerated in Stoneware may be placed directly in a preheated oven.
- Do not place any other pan or rack on top of Stoneware while baking.
- Follow recipe temperature and baking time when using Stoneware. Short bake times (under 12 minutes) may need an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Hot Stoneware can cause burns if handled improperly. Always use a heat-resistant oven mitt or pad when handling hot Stoneware or placing on surfaces.
- Stoneware may scratch surfaces. Protect surfaces by using a protective barrier between Stoneware and surface.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes. Always allow Stoneware to cool to room temperature prior to adding liquid or cleaning. Do not use chipped or damaged Stoneware.
- Stoneware can break if bumped or dropped. If this occurs, use caution as broken pieces can be sharp and could cause injury.
- Stoneware should not touch the sides of the oven or oven door when closed.
Made in USA