Power Kale Salad
All the flavor of a delicious caesar salad, without the heavy dressing.
- Lightened-up Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) anchovy paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 oz (125 g) kale, stems removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into half or thirds
- 1 can (16 oz/454 g) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sunflower kernels or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese
- Optional toppings: halved cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, croutons, grilled chicken or salmon
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in the Measure Mix ‘N Pour® and mix until blended.
To prepare the salad, spiralize the zucchini with the fettuccine blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Add the zucchini and kale to a serving bowl.
Add chickpeas, sunflower kernels, and half of the salad dressing; toss to combine. Reserve the remaining dressing to serve on the side.
Make strips of Parmesan cheese using the Vegetable Peeler and use them to garnish the salad. If you want, add optional toppings like halved cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, croutons, grilled chicken, or salmon.
- 8 servings of 1 1/2 cups/375 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 130, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g
Allow the salad to sit for couple minutes before serving; the lemon juice in the salad dressing will help to tenderize the kale.