Pesto Tortellini Salad
When you want a fast and fresh side dish, this flavorful pasta and vegetable salad will fit the bill.
- 1 package (9 ounces) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomato halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts, toasted
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well. Add tortellini, zucchini, tomatoes and pine nuts; mix gently. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 12 servings of 1/2 cup
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 150, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 180 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1/2 meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat (1 carb)
To toast pine nuts, spread pine nuts in a single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.