Family Pasta Salad
- 16 oz (450 g) uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 8 oz (250 g) mild cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-in. (2.5-cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced celery
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) light mayonnaise
- 8 oz (250 g) plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse pasta under cold running water until cold. Place pasta in (4-qt./3.8-L) Collapsible Serving Bowl. Add cheese, peas, celery, carrot and onion; mix gently.
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, salt and black pepper in small mixing bowl. Add to pasta mixture; stir to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- 16 servings of 1 cup (250 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 230, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber 2 g