Creamy Avocado Pesto
Try this pesto on veggie noodles, pasta or roasted veggies!
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) walnuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup/50 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Add basil, walnuts and garlic to Manual Food Processor; process until finely chopped, scraping down sides as needed. Add remaining ingredients; process until almost smooth.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL)
6 servings of 2 tbsp (30 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 160, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g
Walnuts are a less expensive alternative to pine nuts to help thicken the pesto. And avocado is a healthy way to make pesto recipe smooth and creamy. This recipe works well with veggie noodles, regular pasta or roasted vegetables.