Tangy Spinach and Pasta Salad
- 6 cups (1.5 L) uncooked rotini pasta
- 8 cups (2 L) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken (12 oz/350 g)
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz/60 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) French dressing
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain using large Stainless Mesh Colander and rinse under cold running water.
Place pasta in large mixing bowl; add spinach, chicken, bacon, carrot, cheese, onion and eggs. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- 12 servings of 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 2 g