Pesto Vegetable Medley
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 small yellow squash, ends removed
- 1 small zucchini, ends removed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) baby carrots
- 1/4 medium red onion, cut into quarters
- 1/2 oz (15 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (2 tbsp/30 mL grated)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared pesto
Starting with bell pepper, cut quarters in half before slicing.
Cut squash and zucchini into 2-½-in. (6-cm) pieces. Slice squash and zucchini into baker.
Slice carrots and onion into baker. Stir vegetables to combine.
Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring after 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, grate cheese with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
Remove baker from microwave. Using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®, stir in pesto until well blended. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
- 6 servings of ½ cup/125 mL
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (½ cup/125 mL): Calories 100, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g
You may make this recipe in the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In step 4, bake vegetables, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until crisp tender. Proceed as recipe directs.