Layered Greek Vegetable Salad
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 4 cups (1 L) torn romaine lettuce
- 2 oz (60 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives or kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Greek vinaigrette salad dressing
Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes. Using thin-slicing blade, slice cucumber and onion. Using crinkle blade, slice yellow squash.
Arrange lettuce on serving plate. Arrange tomatoes, cucumber and yellow squash over lettuce in an overlapping circular pattern. Top with onion, feta cheese and olives. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 560 mg, Fiber 3 g