Festive Scalloped Corn
This fast-to-fix side dish promises the comforts of home and looks better than ever in our glazed Oval Baker.
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) cream-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers, drained
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Pour mixture into baker. Bake 35-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
1 1/2 starch, 1 fat (1 1/2 carb)
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
Calories 230, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 2 g
Wash green onions and pat dry with paper towels before chopping.
The popularity of corn guarantees this side dish will be a welcome addition to any Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday meal, as well as an informal potluck, church supper or dinner with a Mexican theme.