Easy Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked, parboiled long-grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups (375 mL) chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen pea and pearl onion blend or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter in All White Ceramic (2.75-qt./2.6-L) Covered Saucepan over medium-low heat. Add celery and onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until softened.
Add rice blend, stock and salt; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 25-30 minutes or until liquid is completely evaporated. Remove pan from heat; stir in vegetable blend and parsley. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 130, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g