Citrus-Spiked Bean Salad
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Blanch green beans in boiling salted water 4-5 minutes. Immediately remove beans using Slotted Spoon and plunge into ice-cold water; set aside.
In small mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, lemon juice and zest. Cut carrot into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler; cut strips into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces.
To serve, remove beans from ice water using Slotted Spoon. Combine beans, carrot, bell pepper and dressing in large mixing bowl; mix well. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 8 servings of 1/2 cup/125 mL, excluding optional ingredient
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 60, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 10 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1 g