Avocado Citrus Salad
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 firm, ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into sections
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
For dressing, zest limes to measure 1 teaspoon zest; juice limes to measure 1/4 cup juice. Place zest and juice in small bowl. Add sugar, salt and oil; whisk until blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
For salad, using Avocado Peeler, cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed and cut flesh away from skin. Cut avocado into slices.
Arrange lettuce, avocado slices, orange sections and onion on small plates. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- 4 servings of 1 cup salad
- 4 servings of 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 40 mg, Fiber 5 g