Autumn Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Coarsely chop the pecans using a Food Chopper. Place them into a Round Covered Baker. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1–2 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove the pecans from the baker and set aside.
Dice the potatoes into 1-in. pieces. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper to a large Bamboo Fiber Bowl. Mix well.
Add the potatoes and water to the baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7–9 minutes or until the potatoes are tender but still firm, stirring once. Drain the potatoes.
- p>Carefully remove the baker from the microwave using a pair of Silicone Oven Mitts; drain. Return the potatoes to the bamboo bowl and add the cranberries, brown sugar, butter, and thyme. Mix well.
Add the potatoes to the baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with the pecans.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 220, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3 g