Sous Vide Carrots
The natural sweetness and bright color of carrots intensify when cooked sous vide. Plus, you won’t overcook or undercook them for the perfect bite.
- 1 lb. (450 g) baby carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) balck pepper
- Optional: 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped parsley
Fill the inner pot with water to the 1/2 fill line. Lock the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set the temperature to 185°F (84°C) and the time to 2 hours; press and hold START.
Place the carrots, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper in a single layer in a gallon-sized resealable bag, remove the air, and seal.
When you hear beeps and Add is displayed, open the lid and submerge the bag with the seal above the water. Lock the lid; press START.
- When the timer is up, press "X" . Carefully remove the bag.
- Add the carrots and juices to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes, stirring occasionally until any excess liquid evaporates. Garnish with parsley, if you’d like.