- ¾ cup (175 mL) water, warmed (around 110° F/38° C)
- 1 pkg. (¼ oz./10 g) active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 2½ cups (625 mL) bread flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) shortening
- Add the water, yeast and sugar to the bowl of the Deluxe Stand Mixer. Let sit for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Select KNEAD and set the time to 8 minutes. Press start.
- Transfer to a large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C). Using your hands, push the dough into a rectangle about 9” x 12” (23 x 30 cm). Fold in thirds along the long edge. Roll the dough to form a 9” (23-cm) log.
- Place the dough into a greased 9 x 5 in. (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° F (200° C) for 15-18 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 1 g added sugar), Protein 4 g