Savory Herbed Stuffing
Turkey just isn't complete unless it is passed with a pan of aromatic stuffing.
- 1 package (12 oz/340 g) herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
- ½ cup (125 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 2 cans (14.5 oz/411 g each) chicken broth
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In 6 qt. (6 L) Stainless Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries and seasoning mix. Melt butter in 5-qt. (4.7-L) Nonstick Saute Pan over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add vegetable mixture and broth to stuffing mixture; toss until moistened.
Spoon stuffing into Stone Rectangular Baker; cover with aluminum foil. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.
- 16 servings of ¾ cup (175 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 170, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 mg, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 650 mg, Fiber 2 g
For variety, substitute one or more of the following ingredients for the dried cranberries: 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped apple; 1 cup (250 mL) chopped chestnuts; ½ cup (125 mL) raisins or chopped dates; ½ cup (125 mL) sautéed sliced mushrooms or bell pepper; ½ pound (250 g) cooked, drained and crumbled sausage or chopped cooked turkey giblets.