Pan-Roasted Vegetables with Spinach
- 2 lbs (1 kg) fingerling potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ small lemon
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 pkg (5 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 5 cups/1.25 L)
- Salt and black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut larger potatoes in half crosswise. Wedge onion.
- Combine potatoes, onion, carrots, oil, rub, honey and garlic in a medium mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Arrange in Stone Rectangular Baker.
Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, juice lemon to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL); add to a small bowl . Add broth and butter. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until butter is melted.
Remove baker from oven to cooling rack. Top vegetables evenly with spinach. Drizzle broth mixture over spinach. Toss spinach and vegetables until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g
Petite red or Yukon gold potatoes can be substituted for the fingerling potatoes.