Pressure Cooker Chicken Bone Broth
Bone broth is a collagen-rich stock that can be used as a delicious soup base or even to replace your morning coffee!
- 4 lbs. (1.8 kg) chicken wings
- 3 qts., (2.8 L) plus ½ cup (125 mL), water, divided
- ¼ cup (50 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 7 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black peppercorns
- Optional: 1 star anise, 2 whole cloves, and/or a 4" (10-cm) piece of fresh gingerroot, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Bake the wings on the Half Sheet Pan for 45–50 minutes, or until they’re dark golden brown.
- Add the chicken to the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker. Carefully add the fat from the sheet pan to the inner pot. Add ½ cup (125 mL) of the water to the sheet pan and use it to scrape up the fond with the Teak Wooden Spatula. Add the fond to the inner pot.
- Add the remaining vinegar and water (do not fill past the max fill line) to the inner pot. Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust the time to 120 minutes and press START.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally. This will take about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the vegetables and cut them into large chunks.
- Remove the lid and add the remaining ingredients, plus any optional additions.
- Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust the time to 1 hour and press START.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally.
- Strain the broth. If you’re serving immediately, skim any excess fat. If you’re serving later, chill the broth immediately using an ice bath. Once the broth is chilled, remove the excess fat.
- 8 servings of (16 oz./450 g servings)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 80, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 0 g, Protein 17 g
Making bone broth releases natural gelatin in the bones, so when your broth cools, it will be solid. When the broth is hot, it will become a liquid again.