Pressure Cooker Brown Rice Pilaf
Serve this easy rice pilaf with your favorite meals for a quick, simple, and delicious side.
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1½ cups (375 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked long-grain brown rice, rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
- ¼ cup (50 mL) roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- Set the Deluxe Multi Cooker to SEAR and press START. Heat the oil for 3 minutes. Add the onion and garlic. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.* Press CANCEL.
- Add the water, rice, carrot, and salt. Lock the lid and select the BROWN RICE setting. Adjust the time to 23 minutes and press START.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then press the steam-release button to release any remaining pressure. Press CANCEL.
- Stir in the cranberries, almonds, and parsley just before serving.*
- 7 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (½ cup/125 mL serving): Calories 180, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 4 g
Safety Tip: *The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.