Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad
Classic Greek salad gets a spin with spiralized cucumber!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 English cucumbers, cut in halves or thirds
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 medium onion), peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 pint (2 cups/500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar (7.5 oz/212 g) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Kalamata olives, pitted and halved, or pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 4 oz (125 g) crumbled feta cheese
To make the dressing, whisk together all ingredients; set aside.
Spiralize the cucumbers with the fettuccini blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Snip cucumber noodles occasionally to shorten the strands. Place the cucumber noodles into the large colander of the Salad & Berry Spinner. Place colander into the outer bowl, then blot any excess moisture with paper towel. Allow excess water to drain prior to assembling salad.
Using the ribbon blade, spiralize the red onion; cut the spirals in half. Rinse the red onion under water to remove the bite. Drain and set aside.
Slice the tomatoes in half.
Combine the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and cheese. Toss to combine. Drizzle with half of the salad dressing and serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- 8 servings of 1 cup/250 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 120, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g