Spiced Carrot-Zucchini Bread
With flecks of orange and green, this fragrant quick bread is perfect for breakfast or tea time.
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°F). Brush bottom only of Stoneware Loaf Pan with vegetable oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves. Add remaining ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into pan. Bake 65-70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove loaf to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 1 loaf (12 slices)
12 servings of 1 slice
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 1 g
You can grate the carrots and zucchini into short strips with the Veggie Strip Maker.