Pressure Cooker Tuscan Bean Soup
This hearty Italian white bean soup, also called Ribollita, is bursting with flavor, loaded with fresh veggies, and ready in less than an hour. A comforting classic!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, cut into ½" (1-cm) pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into ½" (1-cm) pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz./796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups (1.5 L) kale leaves, coarsely chopped (see cook’s tip)
- 2 cans (15.5 oz./540 mL each) cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 oz. (30 g) Parmesan cheese with the rind (see cook’s tips), plus additional for serving
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Set the Deluxe Multi Cooker to SEAR on Low, press and hold START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and salt. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Press CANCEL.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Lock the lid. Select SOUP and set the timer to 15 minutes; press and hold START.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then press CANCEL. Press STEAM RELEASE. Open the lid and discard the rosemary stems.
- Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if you’d like.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 910 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Fiber 10 g, Sugars 6 g, Added Sugars 0 g, Protein 8 g
To quickly remove kale leaves from the stem, hold the thick end of the stem with one hand and pinch and pull the leaf along the stem with your other hand.
The Parmesan cheese rind dissolves in the soup as it cooks thickening the broth and adding richness