- Marinated Shrimp
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) white pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 20 shrimp (16–20 count), peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- ½ tbsp (7mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) cornstarch
- Stir-Fry Vegetables
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise then cut into 1/4" (6-mm) thick half circles
- 8 canned baby corns, drained and cut into ½" (1-cm) pieces
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped dry roasted peanuts
- For the marinade, whisk together the seasoning mix, salt, white pepper (if using), and sesame oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss until coated. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- For the sauce, whisk together the soy sauce, water, honey, seasoning mix, and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 1–3 minutes. Add the marinated shrimp and cook until they’re no longer translucent, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Pour the remaining oil into pan and swirl to coat. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, corn, and water chestnuts. Continue cooking over medium-high heat for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to skillet and toss together. Cook for an additional 2–3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the stir-fry mixture and toss until the sauce thickens slightly and coats the shrimp and vegetables, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Top with the sesame seeds and peanuts, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 960 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 9 g (includes 4 g added sugar), Protein 8 g