Pasta Skillet With Pepperoni
This versatile recipe works with any toppings you’d normally put on your pizza. Leave out the pepperoni and add sausage or experiment with other toppings.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 8 oz. (250 g) ziti or any short pasta
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 oz (90 g) pepperoni slices, cut in half (about ½ cup/125 mL)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Everything but the Pizza™ Seasoning
- 2 oz. (60 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (1 cup/125 mL)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, sliced olives, additional grated Parmesan cheese, fresh basil leaves
Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the salt. Cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the packaging directs. Reserve 1½ cups (375 mL) of pasta water before draining.
Heat the oil in a 12" (30-cm) skillet over medium heat for 3–4 minutes. Add the onion and pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 3–4 minutes. Add the pepperoni slices and cook until fragrant, 1–2 minutes.
Add 1 cup (250 mL) of reserved pasta water, the cream, and the seasoning, and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, and tomatoes. Simmer until the pasta is tender and the sauce coats the noodles. Add the additional pasta water if the sauce gets too thick before the noodles are tender. Serve with additional toppings, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 18 g