- 1 lb. (450 g) pork tenderloin, cut into 1" (2.5-cm) pieces
- 1½ tbsp, plus 1 tsp (27 mL) Carnitas Slow Cooker Seasoning, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) orange juice
- 1 lime, juiced (2 tbsp/30 mL), divided
- 1 large bag (13 oz./368 g) tortilla chips
- 8 oz. (250 g) cheddar or pepper jack cheese, grated (2 cups/500 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, diced
- Optional: Chopped cilantro leaves, pico de gallo or salsa, thinly sliced radishes
Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
In a medium bowl, season the pork with 1 tbsp (22 mL) of the seasoning. Heat the oil in a 12" (30-cm) skillet over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes.
Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5–6 minutes. Add the pork and cook until browned, about 8–10 minutes, turning often.
Transfer the pork to a bowl or plate and chop or slice until shredded.
Return the pork to the skillet over medium-low heat and add the orange juice and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the lime juice. Cook until the liquid is reduced, about 2–3 minutes.
Place the tortilla chips in an even layer on a large, oven-safe platter or sheet pan. Evenly spread the carnitas mixture on top of the chips and top with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5–7 minutes.
Combine the yogurt with the remaining lime juice and remaining seasoning. Stir well.
Top the nachos with the avocado and dollops of the sauce. Garnish with the cilantro, pico de gallo, salsa, or radishes, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
36 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 710 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 31 g For more inspiration and helpful tips, go to pamperedchef.
Pork-Free Preference: Combine 1 can (15 oz./398 mL) of black beans, drained and rinsed, with the seasoning and the juice of half of a lime. Top the chips with the beans instead of the pork.
Try It as a Taco: Instead of serving the pork mixture with chips, try serving it in a hard or soft tortilla for taco night!
Recipe Developed for TasteBuds
Exclusive Seasonings and New Recipes Delivered Every MonthShop >