Asian Chicken Ramen Soup
- 4 extra-large carrots, peeled
- ½ head fresh Napa cabbage (4 cups (1 L) coarsely chopped)
- 12 green onions (2 cups/500 mL sliced)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded cooked chicken
- 12 cups (2.8 L) chicken stock
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 pkgs (3 oz/85 g each) dry ramen noodles (any flavor), seasoning packets discard
- ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh lime juice
- Sliced jalapeño, chopped fresh cilantro, and additional lime wedges and sliced green onions (optional)
Coarsely chop the carrots and cabbage. Slice the green onions. Set the cabbage aside.
Heat the oil in the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven XL over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes or until shimmering. Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the onions, ginger, and pressed garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant
Stir in the chicken, stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar. Cover and bring to a boil.
Break the ramen noodles into small pieces over the soup. Stir in the cabbage. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 3–5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the lime juice and serve with jalapeño, cilantro, lime, and green onions, if desired.
- 12 servings of 1½ cups (375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 230, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 910 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 23 g