Sous Vide Pork Chops
The secret to pork chops cooked just the way you like is sous vide. Pair tender chops with a corn topping and you’ll have a new family favorite.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1" (2.5-cm) thick (6 oz./175 g each), patted dry
- 1 can (15.25 oz./451 mL) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
Fill the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker to the 1/2 fill line with water. Lock the lid and select SOUS VIDE. Set to 140°F (60°C) and the timer to 2 hours. Press and hold START.
- . Add the thyme, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl; mix to combine. Season both sides of the pork chops. Place the pork chops in a single layer in a gallon-sized resealable bag, remove the air, and seal.
When you hear three beeps and Add is displayed, open the lid and submerge the bag with the seal above the water. Lock the lid; press START. When the timer is up, press CANCEL.
- Remove the bag from the water and the pork chops from the bag reserving the juice. Pat the chops with a paper towel to dry
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet on high heat for 3–5 minutes. Sear until well browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the bell pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the reserved juice, corn, orange juice, and butter. Cook and stir until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the corn mixture onto plates and top with the pork chops. Drizzle any sauce left in the skillet over the chops.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 490, Total Fat 32 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 740 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 9 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 32 g